Thursday, February 5, 2009
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
go lookie at who won our November "PHONE" category (soooo cute!), and check out our rad December category.
oops, I mean The Category Stories Team.
Monday, December 1, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
YEP, we are saying goodbye this month to Martha and Cam (so sad to see you go girls, you’ll totally be missed like crazy!)
The search is on for some new Story Tellers, to join Jodie, Karin, Lee, Mandy and our NEW NEW NEW Story Teller STEPH, who was our fabulous November guest!
And it is super simple to apply if you’d like to be considered for the team.......
1. Complete the November, plus the upcoming December and January categories - creating a LAYOUT of your favourite size based on each category. (We are only accepting layouts as part of the Story Teller search to even the playing field a bit!)
2. Link us up to your pages as per usual in the comments section for the November, December and January prompts.
3. After you make your January page, EMAIL category (dot) stories (at) ymail (dot) com with the phrase STORY TELLER SEARCH in the title bar, and answers to the following questions in your email:
Your Name & Country:
Links to your blog or online gallery/ies:
Any other design teams you belong to (includes other challenge or inspiration blogs, online stores or manufacturers):
The links to your pages for November, December and January:
Tell us why you would like to become a Story Teller in five lines or less!:
(You can also ask any questions you might have about the team).
4. APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 15th
Please feel free to ask any questions to us privately via the email address, or in the comments to this post if you wish! We will amend this post with any questions asked and the answer if we feel it necessary.
* You need to have your email to us by January 15th with links to the Nov, Dec & Jan category pages - you don't have to have your pages for Nov & Dec completed in the normal timeframe of the end of the month if you wish to just be considered for the DT, in case you find us for the first time after that month has passed! You just won't be eligible for the monthly prize draw.
* Jan 15th is the cut off date for Story Teller applications (pages for people who aren't applying are Jan 31 as per usual) to allow time for the new Story Tellers to get their creations done to upload on Feb 1 with the new team announcement.
* All people are welcome, including digi and hybrid peeps, from any country.
* You need to be able to commit to supplying at least one original creation (which is not limited to just layouts, it can be cards or other creations) per month based on the monthly category for inclusion on the Category Stories blog, for 6 months minimum period of Feb to July 2009.
* We have on occasion in the past each been given product sponsored to work with, but it is usually we use our own stash. Sometimes a prize might be sponsored to the months participant winner. Story Tellers contribute towards a RAK for a month we don't have a sponsor, so be prepared to be able to contribute a small amount on those sponsorless months (usually no more than $2.50US each). You will need an active and useable paypal account to be able to contribute. * There will be a number of positions to be filled (exact number to be determined), so please apply! We fully encourage those of you who have never been on a team before, we’d love to see your stuff. Likewise, if you are already on another team/teams but know you can meet the commitments listed above, please apply too!
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK - hope you have fun making your pages!
The Story Tellers!
Friday, November 7, 2008
CASS - http://scrapcass.blogspot.com/ you were the winner of the random draw for our ICK category! *and congrats on the publish Cass - I just went to get your image and it is off for publishing - YAY YOU!*
Please email us (email info in the sidebar) and we can arrange your prize which is donated by our StoryTeller Lee this month - a $20 voucher to one of these stores - either KittyRobot Etsy; OR Elle's Studio Etsy; OR Every Jot & Tittle Etsy; OR SISTV -you choose!!
HOWZAT for a wicked prize!
OK, don't forget to play along with our awesome NOVEMBER category. See you just might NEED to make the page, if you wanna join our team...*hint hint*.....whoops, gah, I may have said too much already...........BUT stay tuned for a pretty fabulous announcement next week OK!
You'll all love it I am sure, speshly the hardcore Category Stories fans!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Yep, you know when I do the posts because I can't help singing!
Welcome to November (well almost anyway - it is about 3 hours to go here in Australia. Happy Halloween to the rest of you!!). It is the last month our lovely lovely LOVELY Lucy will be playing with us. And we have also bid farewell to the gorgeous and amazing Deanna. We'll miss you stacks girls!
We do have a fantastic, exceptional, ace, fabulous guest Story Teller this month - STEPH PEACHEY - aka skalovingeek . We love her style, and here is a little bit about her! (Isn't that the cutest photo too!)
"my name is stephanie peachey, im a 25 year old paediatric ITU nurse and i live in the UK with my fiance and our overweight cat. i got interested in scrapbooking in 2003 but couldnt afford to do it until i left uni in 2006. i love most crafty things but have too many ideas and not enough time so i tend to stick with paper! i love instant photography and am a total sci fi nerd!"
SO onto our November category - which is "PHONE" - your phone, your love of your phone, your hatred of the phone, your landline, your mobile/cell, why you can't leave your phone alone, why you wish it would never ring again. Which ever way you wish to take it!
And remember, we accept all creations here - paper/glue layouts, digi, hybrid, cards, ATC's, projects, WHATEVER floats your boat! Just use "Phone" as your theme! And swear words are allowed *ahem* I had better just clear that up seeing as mine has an f-bomb in the journaling...
ANYWAY, here's what the story tellers did!
Lee (yep, people who text message conversations to me instead of actually calling to speak totally drive me bonkers)
Mandy (with a rockin card)
So please, play along and share your phone stories. Link up here by November 30th.
The Category Stories Team!